top of page


Taking out a mortgage and starting a family are two of the biggest financial commitments you will ever make. It is therefore very important to make sure you take out insurance to make sure that everything will be looked after should the worst happen.

At Jigsaw, we are able to recommend and arrange many different insurance policies that protect both yourself and your properties. Please find just a few of the insurances we deal with below.

Father & Son
What is Life Insurance?

Life Insurance can pay your dependents money as a lump sum or as regular payments if you die. Its designed to provide you wit the reassurance that your family will be looked after if you’re no longer there to provide.


This money could be used to replace a monthly income, pay off your mortgage, used towards your children’s university fees or even to help with funeral costs.



What types of life insurance are there?


There are two main types of life insurance; Term life policies and whole-of-life policies.

A term life insurance policy will run for a fixed period of time. This time period usually corresponds with your mortgage term. These policies will only pay out if you were to die during the term of the policy.


A whole-of-life policy will pay out no matter when you die as long as you keep up with the monthly payments.

You can also look to add Critical Illness Cover to your life insurance policy or you can have this as a stand-alone policy. Critical Illness Cover will provide you with a lump sum should you be diagnosed with a serious illness.

What is Income Protection?


Income Protection is an insurance that helps you should you be off work due to an injury or illness. This policy replaces part of your income which allows you to carry on paying those all-important bills.


This insurance is very popular with our Self-Employed clients who would not normally receive any kind of sick pay should they be unable to work.


There are many different variations of Income Protection and our Advisers take the time to find the policy most suited to you.

What is Home Insurance?

Home insurance is insurance that covers both the building and the contents of your home. You can buy separate building and contents insurance or you can have a policy that covers both.


If your property is mortgaged, your lender will require you to have buildings insurance. If you are a landlord, it is your responsibility to take out buldings insurance to cover your property and not your tenants.


Buildings insurance does come with features that can be added. Sometimes it is not clear what you need to add to your policy and this can become very confusing. This is why we aim to find the policy that is most suited to you, whether you want added features such as accidental damage or home emergency.


To discuss your insurance requirements please contact us now!

bottom of page